Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter gold


I got home from school today and just wanted to curl up with a blanket and sleep. The winter sunlight streams through our big glass window and the amber leaves cast a golden glow across the room. The air is still and a soft piano melody plays....calmingly. Tranquilly.

My gates stand watch over the living room, draped in red and green christmas chains. The doorways all have our paper christmas chains up giving each room a festive feel and each passerby a little christmasy thrill as they walk beneath the arch of color. This is such a wonderful season.

Well, the test is over and I didn’t die.
I forgot some important things (Diversionary War Theory and Long-Cycle Theory) which will certainly mean loss of points. Darn-it. I think the problem with having professors as close friends is that when you don’t do so hot on a test...you feel like you disappoint them. You know how they’ll sorta sigh as they grade your paper and see that you forgot important factors.

But now it’s over and I have a whole weekend of intense singing ahead. I’m so excited! Tonight is our dress-rehearsal, then we sing on Friday, Saturday, Sunday morning and Sunday night! The concert is going to be incredible - as it always is - but especially this year since we have six more orchestra members. 100+ voice choir and over 40 orchestra members. It’s going to be incredible. In-cred-i-ble.

But for now, I’m going to curl up with a textbook and a blanket. Finals are next week and I’m going to pause time to study. Time to study while the air is still and the room is golden.

No comments: