Wednesday, December 8, 2010

HST, NEIO, FDI, oh my!

What do you do when you’re faced with something you know is going to be incredibly difficult and probably painful, but there’s no way around it?

I have a test tomorrow in International Relations. It’s a blue-book test, not a scantron, which means by the end of the test I’ll have filled a whole booklet with my definitions, explanations and analysis of a variety of international theories and economics. It also means you absolutely *have* to know your stuff because, to fill that booklet, you have to have something to say. I’m terrified. There is *so* much I don’t know and you can’t bs a blue book test. You either know it or you don’t. I’m in the “don’t” group at the moment.

I’ve been reading, studying, wikipediaing, writing, outlining, emailing classmates and brainstorming for four hours now and I feel I’ve only just begun. These topics and questions are huge! Complex. Difficult. I’m so scared of getting into class, sitting down and getting my test, and drawing a complete blank. A mental blank means my hard-earned A goes down the drain. Ooooo, too much pressure.

World Systems Theory and Dependency Theory’s explanations of development and underdevelopment?
External and internal sources of international law?
Compare and contrast commercial liberalism and mercantilism?
Analyze the five features of the international political economy?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

No comments: