Monday, May 10, 2010

...A Time to be Guided

Sometimes I wish life had little orange cones directing you where to go.
Sometimes I wish I could drive through the rocky areas of my life, the areas under construction or repair, and simply be guided to the safe stretches of road.
It's hard not knowing. It's difficult not quite knowing what tomorrow will hold, or what next month entails, or how we'll make it through the summer. It's hard not knowing what to say. I speak my mind and then regret it....or I'll hold my tongue and kick myself for it later. It's really hard sometimes. Oftentimes, lately.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"The Lord will guide you always, He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." -Isaiah 58:11

"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee. The Lord make His face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee. The Lord turn His face towards thee and give thee peace." -Numbers 6:24-26

יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה, וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ.
יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וִיחֻנֶּךָּ
יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם
וְשָׂמוּ אֶת-שְׁמִי, עַל-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל; וַאֲנִי, אֲבָרְכֵם

Perhaps the bright orange cones arn't as visible, or tangible, but I have to believe they are there. It's sometimes difficult to see them in the hustle and bustle of life. In the finals, in the cramming, in the working, in the fighting, in the studying, in the surviving, in the living, even in the praying.

Lord, tune my heart to sing Thy grace. Create in me a clean heart. Help me act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with You. Help me seek You first. Always.

No comments: