Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Day To Remember...

This is wonderful. I'm sitting on my bed, it's 11:15 at night, and it's too hot to go to sleep. I'm sitting here sweltering in this pre-summer warmth....loving it! This is what summer is all about! This is what feeling alive and healthy and happy and wonderful is all about! I love this heat. I love the sweaty, sticky, hot feeling. The sleep-on-top-of-your-sheets feeling.

Summer is almost here. I can feel it. Literally.



Happy things that happened today:

  • Met with the ARC counselor and drew up a brilliant new plan for a wonderful new major.
  • FOUND MY CONVERSE!
  • Clapped when Danny Gokey *didn't* get voted off American Idol
  • Discovered a fun song on the radio
  • Sat in the sun and listened to the breeze, insects and neighbor children laughing
  • Nursed sore thighs after over 3 1/2 hours of hip hop yesterday. (Yes, it IS a good feeling...painful, but it makes you feel alive and powerful)
  • Became quite enlightened about the religious ceremonies of indigenous Javains (in a World Music class no less...)
  • FOUND MY CONVERSE!
  • Sang at the top of my lungs in the car

Oh yes. It's been a good day.

No comments: