Sunday, March 22, 2009

Miscellaneous Poetry

It's midnight and my mind is whirling with poems galore. Some in the form of songs, some in the form of my own creations and some just in the form of abstract thinking. Here are a couple of them:

--
You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath...and the door for me
You treat me like I'm a princess
I'm not used to liking that

You've already won me over in spite of me
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are

--
Quiet! Can you hear it?
The endless heartbeat of the earth
An echo; throbbing pulsing
Hidden deep within its chest.

Listen! Can you feel it?
The rotation of the earth?
Spinning, flying, endless twirling
A great celestial dance.

You see it in a lifetime
That once vibrant now grows wane
Something ending, something growing
Neverending. Ever-turning
In the seasons and in dance
Sleeping, waking, living, breathing
Stars and moon and rocks and plants
Listen! Can't you feel it?
It's the endless pulse of life.
From the heartbeat to the spinning
From the whisper to the laugh.

--
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in

No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open

--
Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words you could not find



No comments: