Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday Hail

Ever since I was little, I've adored thunderstorms. I love kneeling on the couch, nose pressed to the window, watching the rain pound on the driveway and lightening rip across the sky. When I was younger, my sister and I would stay up late into the night counting the seconds between the lightening and clap of thunder, and we'd shiver with excitement when we thought it was just a couple miles away.

2011 hadn't had an official thunderstorm....until today. Today I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and thunder! On my birthday! And then, to add to the sheer awesomeness of the thunderstorm, it hailed like there was no tomorrow!

It looked like it had snowed for a brief 10 minutes or so before the rain melted the hail away, and it was *beautiful*. Since when are there thunderstorms in May? And since when does it hail in May? And since when does it lightening and thunder and hail on your birthday??

Mmhm. That was so awesome.

2 comments:

ALEX said...

First of all ... Happy birthday! ... if your photos are amazing ... the truth is that it is rare that hail in May, the storms may be normal at this time .... your photos are stunning , and that I liked, which is seen as falling hailstones ... by the way, how fast you put the diaphragm?
Well, happy birthday, although it happened.
Greetings from Spain.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! It was super fun watching it hail yesterday. <3 Oh, and by the way, youre amazing.