Thursday, January 13, 2011

Puzzling


I’m in the process of applying to the prestigious Jack Kent Cooke scholarship and I’m puzzling over the application. This scholarship application seems to be a weeding-out mechanism itself. It’s been truly a pain getting tax forms, W2s, official transcripts, SARs all scanned and faxed appropriately as well as collecting letters of recommendation. So far it’s been a test of endurance, determination and perfection. Am I jumping through every single hoop? Have I crossed every single “t” and dotted each and every “i”?

And now they want three thoughtful, deep, eloquent essays, each only 300 words!! Psh. That’s crazy.

The first prompt: “One’s real life is often the life that one does not lead.” -Oscar Wilde.

And so, I’m sitting by our crackling fire and thinking. Thinking. Thinking.

No comments: