Monday, November 10, 2008

Relative Relativity

According to boxing weight standards, I am a featherweight.
According to modeling standards, I am a heavyweight.

According to 1908, I am an old maid.
According to 2008, I am in the prime of life.

According to ARC standards, I am fluent.
According to actual Spaniards, I am definitely not.

According to some, I am a dreamer.
According to others, I am ambitious.

According to Google, I am the Religion In South Asia.
According to the Spanish Dictionary, I am Laughter.

According to the Census, I am Irish-German.
According to my lineage, I am Cuban.

According to some, I am scandalous.
According to some, I am conservative.

According to optometrists and the DMV, I am legally blind.
According to the blind, I can see.

According to certain debate ballots, I am victorious.
According to certain debate ballots, I am not.

According to many, I am morbidly strange.
According to Vicki, I am awesome.

There's a beauty in relativity. There's a freedom, a glorious independence from the judgements and labels of man. It all depends on the point of view.

According to God, I am His. And I am perfect.

No comments: