Friday, October 4, 2013

Women's Protection and Empowerment Coordinator

Tonight was supposed to be an incredibly productive, writing-filled evening...but it dissolved into hours spent scanning IRC job postings in New York, D.C., Berlin and Tanzania. My glasses were illuminated with the reflection of job description after fascinating job description and my heart danced with the idea that somehow, someday, maybe I could do something like the careers described there.

  • Expected to be deployed in the field for up to 75% of the time and must be able to deploy to the site of an emergency within 72 hours of notification.
  • Rapidly and effectively design, develop and manage the IRC's on-site humanitarian response to meet the immediate needs of the affected population. 
  • Promote and protect women and girls' human rights and meet the safety, health, psychosocial and justice needs of survivors of sexual and physical violence. 
  • Represent and coordinate with other agencies, local government, donors and other stakeholders to promote delivery of best practice humanitarian assistance, 
  • Assist in the development and launch of new technical policy, procedures and training materials
...

Let me just remember how to breathe. 

That is me. That is everywhere me. That is me all over. That's it. That's exactly it. 

The only thing I still need is "3+ years of experience developing and managing technical projects including time spent in emergency/conflict areas."

So. I'm officially going to meet with the IRC Regional Coordinator in San Diego to figure out how I can start working on that experience. Now. 

Like, right now. 

1 comment:

Freckled Philologist said...

Looking forward to hearing what you find out. So much to take in - so many possibilities.