Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Grace

I tend to be hyper critical of myself. It's easy for me to over analyze and doubt my decisions, words, and actions. I constantly try to see various choices from multiple perspectives and with differing outcomes - creating a dizzying swirl of thoughts and split-second evaluations.

I sit here, a midnight breeze rustles through the trees, and I wish lots of things. I wish I knew more. About life, about politics, about music, about language, about myself, about people. I wish I had more time to be still and soak up information like a sponge. I wish I could go to sleep with a book and absorb its contents through osmosis. I wish I could pause time so I could walk the world's ghost town and look at everything....notice details, see the invisible.

But life doesn't pause and my knowledge is finite. I suppose that's
what makes learning so addicting. I am constantly amazed and humbled by the incredible amount I don't know. On so many levels.

No comments: