Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sunshine and iced-coffee

With temperatures in the triple digits, it's a gross understatement to say it's been "hot" in Sacramento. Everything seems to move in slow motion as the heat ripples up from the asphalt. People slowly turn, the breeze is a faint whisper, the air is heavy, and the cicadas buzz lazily in the trees.

I'm sitting in the kitchen listening to Italian pianist Ludovico Einaudi (if you're curious, listen to his "A Fuoco" - it's wonderful) and working on my newest project. I've spent the last couple days dissecting ties and sewing them into a beautifully random, patterned skirt. A tie skirt! I'm stitching all by hand which is time consuming, but my needlework would make great-grandma proud. I really hope it turns out as pretty as it looks it my mind...I'm aiming to have it done by Sunday.

Which, speaking of, Sunday could be a really perfect day. My friend and I are going to a special screening at the Sacramento French Film Festival and staying for the champagne reception afterwards. He's a talented film student and I adore foreign films, so we're both quite excited to go. I took that chance and now I really can't wait. :)

No comments: