Sunday, March 7, 2010

Today I...

Learned how to drive a stickshift. No, I'm not very graceful and yes, the truck lurches forth from the stopsign every so often - but! I drove around our neighborhood countless times and found delicious exhilaration in the shifting of gears. It's like experiencing the delight of driving...all over again.

Talked to a dear, dear friend studying many miles away at Biola University. It had been way too long since we'd talked and what with Jamaica and school and life, there was plenty to discuss. Somehow, I ended up with a journal beside me as we chatted, and though entirely a subconcious act, I filled a page with little snippits from our conversation:

Coming to the end of yourself...having to wholly trust in God.
Isaiah 46:4
"Leb" = hebrew word = emotion/intellect/will
Enable Your servant to speak Your word with boldness.
Deuteronomy 30:6
April 2nd

Coached five eager speechies who are prepping for a tournament this week. Its exciting and fun to work with them and speech memories of my own constantly, quietly rush to mind. What exhausting, fantastic memories.

Found more Jamaica pictures from a friend's facebook. I'm sorry...are you guys sick of Jamaica? I want nothing more than to be back there.

Today I remembered that this is the first day of the rest of my life.

No comments: