Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter I'll Not Soon Forget


- My gorgeous mother, dressed in a slimming green and black floral summer dress, with a pink lily from my father gently fastened above her heart, is outside snapping photos.

- Ryan, the epitome of what a “cool” 14-year old should do and act, has seemingly forgotten societal expectations of a pubescent teen, and is sneaking around the backyard adorned in furry bunny ears….hiding eggs.

- Daddy sits and talks with the aging and comically frank Mr. Bob Sawyer; the lonely old scoutmaster. Without family or friends to celebrate Easter with, Mr. Sawyer was stoically excited when we invited him to eat Easter dinner with us.

- I sit inside, observing all this….while listening to a newfound favorite soundtrack; Slumdog Millionaire. It’s Easter, Spring, and absolutely stunning outside, yet I’m pounding out scholarship applications and essays. And then...in a couple hours I'll be off to work. Hmmm, never thought I'd be doing that on Easter. How dreadfully responsible and "grown up."

No comments: