Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Later...

I haven't written in a long time.
Lately my mind has been quiet, not of thoughts, but of words. I have nothing to say. I feel, feel fiercely, and yet am mute.

I sit and marvel at the world around me. Bright rays of sun set the sunflower petals ablaze; molten yellow casts shadows of happiness on the warm ground. Round black bumblebees buzz lazily along the breeze; they have nowhere to go and all day to get there. Whispers of Spanish float across the yard from the pool; my two "hermanos" Irene and Eduardo are practicing their English grammar and correcting each other in Spanish. Their Spanish is thick and soft; more like a lullabye than a language. Our map is covered in desinations; places to see, places to go, people to visit, beauty waiting to be uncovered. San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Sacramento, Huntington Beach, State Fair, American River, the list is endless. Exciting.

It's unusual for my mind's pen to lay quiet. I tend to journal the day silently to myself, jotting down ideas and sentences on an internal notepad where they'll stay until I can retrieve them later that night. I usually am always describing things to myself in the hopes I'll remember it forever. Lately, though, I just watch. I just feel. I just breathe. Experience. Listen.

For now I'm going to stay behind my camera lens, hidden from the world. Silent. Watching. Recording. I'll leave my writing for another day. Another time.

No comments: